Monday, April 20, 2009

my first time.

If Barbara Walters can lose her Twitter virginity at age 79 then I guess I'm not too old to lose my blogger virginity.  

The first time for anything can be very scary, but I figured everyone's doing it so why shouldn't I?  I'd heard so much about it so I was sure it was something I wanted to do.  I am a little shy so I gave myself plenty of time to build up enough courage to expose myself.  I had no idea how to begin so I enlisted the help of a few "how-to" guides for inspiration.  I put it off for months until the mood felt just right and eventually I gathered up enough nerve to do it. 

How was it you ask?  Well, it could've been better.  Sadly, I confess I was expecting something more memorable for my first time, but I suppose we all are.  I thought it would be much more meaningful, have more substance and flow like a well choreographed ballet but it was nothing of the kind.  I spent most of the time floundering, trying to find the rhythm and worrying about my performance.   I thought it would be more meaningful but afterward I was left with a feeling of disappointment.   I had built up my hopes for a mind-blowing experience, something I'd remember for a lifetime but I'm afraid I may have a hard time remembering it at all.   Good thing I backed it up to disk.

No comments:

Post a Comment