Friday, March 11, 2011

I'm baaack!

As you can see from the date of my previous post, it's been about two years since my last blog. You may be wondering what I've been doing with myself for the past two years (as do I). The only reason I can come up with is I must have been transported ahead through time to this very spot. I know it sounds a little out there, but sometimes you hit a point in your life where you get so busy with work and every day chores and tasks that you just go into autopilot. When this happens, time moves ahead at a rapid rate and before you know it you've lost two years. Obviously, life goes on, things change and suddenly you need to catch your breath and bring yourself up to speed.

That being said, here is an update on what happened while I was gone.

First and foremost, my 'boyfriends' divorce was finalized, yay!!! That only dragged on for 4 years, but don't get me started.

Next, I said goodbye to my Mitsubishi EVO :( and bought a brand new car! It's a GMC Acadia and I love it (despite its poor gas mileage). It's got OnStar (which I'm now addicted to), NAV (that's Navigation for those unfamiliar with these new marketing terms), rear-seat temperature controls (no more complaints about how hot or cold the kids are), DVD with wireless headphones, and heated seats (yum!). It's about 4 months old and still has that new car smell.

Last but certainly not least, David and I got engaged!!!! After his divorce was final I was sure he was going to wait another 4 years to ask me, but as hard as it is to believe, I was wrong. He loves me and wants to get married as soon as possible. I am the happiest woman in the world (I'm not kidding...I really am).

Now that you're all caught up, you can decide whether or not you want to spend the next eight months torturing yourself reading about how the wedding planning is coming along. But try not to be hasty, this will be the third and LAST marriage for both of us, so it'll be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment